For all queries and enquiries relating to Little Gruffalo’s Pre-School, please telephone 01482 871993. Thank you.
Little Gruffalo’s Mission Statement
To create a warm, friendly and stimulating environment for young children to develop their social and creative skills with the reassurance of fully qualified, experienced and regularly trained staff, highly equipped facilities and secure premises. We will continually maintain high standards and nurture a close working relationship with the parents / carers to provide the ultimate learning experience for your child.
Our aims and objectives
- To provide a safe, stimulating and happy environment for each child in our care, recognising that the welfare of the child is paramount.
- To promote equality and diversity; our policy opposes and discrimination on the ground of race, ethnicity, ability, sex and religion.
- To work in partnership with parents and take account of any needs arising from race, culture, language and religion; to treat all children as individuals.
- To provide opportunities for all children to develop at an appropriate rate comfortable for them.
- To share information and advice with parents, welcoming them into the nursery at any time – whether for formal or informal discussions – confidentiality is respected.
- To offer training for staff as appropriate ensuring their personal/professional development – enabling them to update their skills.
- To ensure a non-discriminatory environment for staff and parents alike at all times.
- To work in partnership with other professional bodies.
Early Years Funding
Parents are entitled to claim funding known as Free Entitlement (Early Years Provision). Your 2 year old may get free early education and childcare if you get one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- Tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
A child may also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:
- They’re looked after by a local council
- They have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- They get Disability Living Allowance
- They’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
All 3 to 4 year olds in England can get 570 hours of free childcare per year. This is usually taken as 15 hours a week for 38 weeks of the year. Your child will receive 5 x 3 hour sessions per week from the term after your child’s 3rd birthday.
From September 2017 all 3 – 4 year olds will continue to be eligible for 15 hours per week of free early education. This is a universal entitlement for all children. The new entitlement is an extension and provides an additional 15 hours of free childcare for children that are eligible. The new entitlement to 30 hours free childcare is intended to support working parents with the cost of childcare and enable them, where they wish, to return to work or to work additional hours. The additional 15 hours will be available to families where both parents are working (or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family), and each parent earns, on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage (NMW) or national living wage (NLW), and less than £100,000 per year.
Can I get help with my childcare costs?
Government help with childcare costs for parents.
> Find out here
East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Families Information Service Hub.
Providing information and advice to families, parents, carers and childcare providers responsible for looking after children and young people.
>Find out more here
Call Little Gruffalo’s on 01482 865227
or send us an email
Monday – Friday (Term Time ONLY)
Little Gruffalo’s Pre-School
9.00am-12.00pm and 12.45pm-3.45pm
Out of School